Thursday, July 07, 2005

Connections...


I got a phone call yesterday from an old friend of mine named Colin Scott. Colin and I were roommates in Mexico around 15 years ago when we served with a group called Spearhead run by the Latin America Mission. We hadn't spoken in years. As I refelected on our call I realized that it was a highlight of my day. It was great to get caught up on each others lives. It brought back so many memories of the times that we had together in Mexico. (I could tell you some stories, but that would have to be another entry on this blog. This one is too sappy to ruin the mood with recounting "The Adventures of Jeffito and Colincito - Gringos in Mexico City".) My reconnection with Colin reminded me of the sovereign way that God puts people together. We had learned some of the same things about God through our different experiences. And the cool thing was that we were able to pick up right where we left off.

Why am I writing this? I guess I was just reminded that relationships are important. We need to remember that. And maybe we need to take the risk to reconnect. The benefits are amazing.

No comments: