Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama

Several months ago my Leadership Team at GBC offered me a 3 month sabbatical. I loved the idea and felt that this was something God might have for us at a very necessary time in our lives. The dilemma was that due to the nature of my job (the line between work and relationships is very, very fuzzy) to truly "get away" we would need to leave town for the 3 months. I tried for a few weeks to win the 649 lottery (just kidding) in order to finance it, but had had no luck...until...I came across a program of the Resource Center for Pastoral Excellence at Samford University (see picture). They facilitate pastoral sabbaticals and even provide grants to cover expenses. I applied and much to my surprise was accepted.

So for the months of April, May, and June of 2007 the Kuhn family will take up residence in Birmingham, Alabama. We're very excited and will be sharing details with you as the planning progresses. Just wanted to let you know the good news...

No comments: