Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What I really value...


The past year has been a challenging one for me in many ways. The difficult times always form us - they remind us of who we are and who we want to be - they clarify what should be really important. As I've gone through the challenges of 2006 one thing that has been made abundantly clear to me is that the decision I made almost 15 years ago to marry Angela Davies has been the second best decision I have made in my life. (The best was to follow Jesus...but if you're a Calvinist you may not count that one as mine...)

God has blessed me by giving me a wife who completes me. I am a better me because of her. He uses her to encourage me, to challenge me, and to give me rest. For those of you who don't know Angela, she is a unique person. She has an ability to give "life" to any situation that she enters, and a freedom to be herself in every context. She exudes passion and joy. She relates to people from any sphere of life and she honestly loves them just as they are. I guess what I'm trying to say by all this is that I don't know where I would be without her.

As I have told her several times in the past year, she is my island of sanity in the middle of my ocean of chaos. So I wanted you (the two people who read this...one of whom is Angela) to know how much I value my wife.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing. I have found a good thing.

2 comments:

Randi said...

You are perfect for each other and an ispiration to all around you.

Anonymous said...

brown noser... Its easy to write something nice about Angela... try writing something nice about Jan, then we'll see how good you are!!
Mike.