Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us...

17 years ago yesterday I made the best decision of my life.  I married Angela Davies. Neither one of us knew what we were getting into at the time, but it has been a blessing everyday since then.  Angela is not only my greatest fan (everyone needs one of those), the one who inspires me to be more than I am, and the most beautiful woman I know, but she has also been a driving force in helping me to seek to live more like Jesus each and every day. Whereas I tend to sit and think, she tends to question and do.  Her spiritual questions keep us both thinking and growing...and keep me honest.  Without her I would far too often slide into theological reflection that does nothing but contemplate.  With her I am constantly challenged to live out what it is I think God is saying.  She is my best friend and I can't imagine ever not having her around.  I often tell her that she is the island of calm and serenity in the midst of my ocean of chaos.  So I am thankful for 17 amazing years...and praying that God will give us 117 more. 

1 comment:

Randi said...

awwwww
Happy Annivesary!