Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Itinerary


So in three days my friend Wes (of the world renown Blue Moose) and I fly off to Guatemala. As I sit here looking out my window at the almost 12 inches of snow in my yard, I have to admit it will be nice to have some sunshine. Guatemala won't be summer like, but is should be bright. You can check the temperature there currently in the sidebar of the blog. Here's the plan for our trip with some links that you can check out if really want to be jealous.
  • December 30th - Fly from Seattle to Houston to Guatemala City. We shuttle to Antigua, Guatemala and stay at the Posada El Antano until the morning of January 3rd.
  • January 3rd - We travel to Chichicastenango, a mountain town with the biggest artisan market in Guatemala every Sunday morning. We will spend the night at the Hotel Santo Tomas.
  • January 4th - Spend the morning in the market and then head out to Nebaj, spending the night in the Villa Nebaj.
  • January 5th - The main reason we came was to check out some of the coffee farms in Chajul that service the coffee co-op (or see here if you want to try out your Spanish) that Wes buys coffee from via Ethical Bean (the specific coffee is here) in Vancouver. It's only 12 miles from Nebaj to Chajul, but word has it that it is a two hour trip. We'll spend the day in Chajul and then return to sleep that night in Nebaj. (Check out some pix of Chajul here.)
  • January 6th - We head off to Panajachel on beautiful Lake Atitlan, an incredible lake surrounded by three volcanoes. We spend two nights at the Posada de Los Volcanes.
  • January 8th - In the afternoon we head back into Guatemala City.
  • January 9th - We fly home and I get to see my family!!!


    So there it is. I'm very excited to go, but I the closer it gets the more I am dreading missing Ang and the girls...nothing personal Wes, I just kinda like having them around.

    Not sure how much I will be able to post while I'm there...but I'll try to get into an internet cafe for an update every now and then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does look exciting!! Hope you have a blast and stay very safe!!

Anonymous said...

OOPPSSS....I chose anonymous because I don't know the password scoop or anything!! But it's me, your sweet wife commenting. I love you.