Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Gift of a Godly Heritage


Today while I am sitting on a plane flying to Guatemala my parents are celebrating their 53rd wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. I decided to post this because I think that the Godly heritage that they have given to my siblings and I is by far the greatest gift that we have ever been given. As a pastor I have seen the struggles that marriages can bring people's way and I clearly realize that 53 years is an amazing commitment. So, mom and dad, thanks for your surrender to Jesus all these years, and for your sacrificial love for each other and for all your kids and grandkids. We are where we are in great measure to the prayers you have prayed for us and the example you have given by your lives. You are "running the race well" and all your descendants will "rise up and call you blessed". We love you and are so thankful for all that you have poured into our lives. Enjoy your day.

No comments: