Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Guatemala Bound...


In 3 weeks I'm heading back to Guatemala. I'm traveling with friend of mine who owns the Blue Moose coffee shop. Our goal is to visit the co-op and the coffee plantation that grows some of the coffee that he sells at the Blue Moose ...but we are also going to see the country and relax a bit too. If you've never traveled to another country I highly recommend it. Especially if you can do so in a way that helps you to meet the local people in their own element. There is something about seeing life from someone else's perspective. It challenges my North American assumptions and reminds me once again that life doesn't consist in the abundance of my possessions. (Luke 12:15) I'll miss Angela and the kids like crazy, but I am excited to be going. So you can be jealous of me. That's okay. I'll post some pictures when we get back.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

I am SO jealous of you.