Thursday, January 29, 2009

What he said...

My interest in and voting for Barak Obama has drawn many looks of disbelief from my Christian friends and family. I get it. It was not a decision I made lightly. I was not happy with either candidate. If you want to read what thinking lead to my decision and what shaped that thinking feel free to go here, here, here, here, here, and here. And even through I am glad that Obama was elected for many reasons (all listed in the 6 "heres" of the last sentence), I am still both deeply saddened and concerned by his support of the right to abortion on demand. My feelings were expressed well by Bob Robinson, who runs a great blog at Vanguard Church. His entry, "I supported Obama, but not this..." is well worth reading. The election is over. We are citizens of a Kingdom more powerful and more captivating than the empire of the United States of America. It's time to speak truth to power in a way that clearly communicates the priorities of Jesus.

No comments: