Thursday, May 12, 2005

Continuing ideas...

I've been posting about a new monasticism recently. Jordon Cooper directed me to Alan Creech for this, followed up by this.

Also, I've been talking a bit about church from the margins. I came across this quote from Wendell Berry last night that seemed to fit right in with where my thoughts have been going.

"If change is to come, it will come from the margins. It was the desert, not the temple, that gave us the prophets."

Very interesting. It's amazing how when you are thinking about certain ideas that God keeps bringing them back to your mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep; That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I." (1 Samuel 3:3-4)