Thursday, March 31, 2005

Bloglines

John at some strange ideas gives a good introduction to bloglines. For those of you who are enjoying reading blogs and would like to see more bloglines is an excellent choice. John writes...

I know that a number of readers of this blog are fairly new to following blogs, so here’s some useful info for you. The easiest way to follow blogs (and many other websites these days) is not by visiting each site.

Many sites, and almost all blogs, produce something called an RSS feed. You can use an RSS reader to automatically give you updates when any of those sites are updated. Rather than visiting each site, you can go to your news reader, and it will consolidate the new posts of all of your subscribed feeds in one place.

There are some feed readers that you can download and install on your computer. My feed reader of choice, however, is a website called bloglines. Because it is a website, I can follow all of the blogs I read by visiting bloglines from any computer. Once you sign up for an account, you can add a bookmark to your favorites to easily subscribe to any site with an RSS feed.

Go sign up and give it a try…and don’t say I never offered anything useful here…



If you sign up with bloglines you can add a subscription to my blog by clicking on the "subscribe with bloglines" button in the upper right hand corner. You can also see the blogs I follow on the right sidebar under "Blogs I read".

Happy reading.

No comments: