Friday, September 28, 2007

Another Story...

I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but this quote and the article around it are worth the wait. The quote is from Will Willimon, one of the men I chatted with on Sabbatical. He sums up succintly what I am finding is one of the core truths that needs to be grasped as we learn to be disciples of Jesus...and help others do the same.
To be a Christian means gradually, Sunday after Sunday, to be subsumed into another story, a different account of where we have come from and where we are going, a story that is called “gospel.” You are properly called a “Christian” when it’s obvious that the story told in Scripture is your story above all other stories that the world tries to impose upon you and the God who is rendered in Scripture is the God who has got you. (William H. Willimon)
Read his whole post here.

2 comments:

Randi said...

as always, when you say or write something, it always feels like you are speaking directly to me. thank you for sharing that article

Debbie Out Loud said...

Jeff and Angela Kuhn from Spearhead? This is Debbie (Bussey) Merriman. I'd love to get reconnected with you guys! My contact information is at my blogger page.