Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Back in the Saddle again...

Well, I'm back from vacation, even though most of my time was spent at home. It was nice to be out of the office for a few weeks. I threw myself, with the help of some other friends, into landscaping my backyard. It's gone through quite a transformation. (I'll post some pictures here in the coming weeks.) And as usual, I found there to be something very therapeutic about working with my hands and getting a little dirty. It was nice to see some tangible evidence of my efforts when the day was done. Tangible evidence is not always there in "pastoral" work. So I'm returning from my six day a week, manual labor vacation to my "one day a week" pastor job. I'm physically tired, but mentally refreshed. Maybe this blog will show some evidence of that fact over the next little while. Thanks for being patient while I was away!

No comments: